How long are your coaching programs?
Since my coaching programs are customized to individual needs, there isn’t necessarily a set time. It depends on how quickly you reach your goals. That being said, since our focus is long term change and results, you should plan on a minimum of 6 months, and it's not uncommon to work with clients all the way up to 18 months or so.
What makes your coaching programs unique?
I take a collaborative, client centered approach to my coaching programs. No matter what your goal is, there will always be a variety of ways to get there. I'll help you decide which options might be best for you, what those options entail, and how you might choose to go about getting there. Ultimately you are the expert on you. This doesn’t mean however, you’ll be alone, or be expected to know exactly what to do. Far from it. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years, and I have lots of experience to help guide you and hold you accountable and help you follow through with action. I will provide you with the best options for how to get you where you want to go, and YOU make the final choice on what to do next.
Will you give me a meal plan to follow?
In my 20+ years of experience, meal plans don't tend to work for most people, for many reasons. People get tired of eating the same thing, we all don't eat the same way or like the same foods, and what happens when you go out to eat?
However, that doesn't mean that you will be left on your own to come up with healthy options and ideas on what to eat all by yourself. Quite the contrary. I'm here to help you come up with a variety of options that work for you, in the context of your lifestyle, so you know not only how much to eat, but you have flexibility to enjoy a variety of foods whether eating at home, or eating out.
I can help you get your kitchen set up with healthy foods that you like, with well thought out meals that are simple AND you know your family will eat. I can help you come up with a trusted and organized system that works for you so you don’t even have to think about it, and you are able to just execute your plan, making it so much more simple to stick with your health & nutrition goals!
What if I already have my own exercise program?
Well that's fabulous! You can keep doing it! If it's working well for you, there is no reason to change it.
What are the benefits of online training?
– You no longer have to go into a gym if you don't want to. Lots of people don’t like gyms. They’re not always comfortable, welcoming environments. They’re not always conveniently located, either. Being able to train anywhere – in the comfort of your own home, for example – can be a big advantage. Of course, if you like training at the gym, that is perfectly fine! I will customize workouts for you that you can do at the gym, or at home, or both!
– Scheduling is a non-issue. If you are a parent and have kids, or work regular hours, (or both!), booking with a trainer for prime time spots can be a headache. And those spots fill up fast. Additionally, a strict appointment time adds undue pressure. It’s frustrating to show up 5 or 10 minutes late for an appointment because of traffic or you were running late trying to get your kids to their various activities, and miss part of the workout that you paid for.
-You no longer have to worry about missing out on or canceling training sessions, or trying to put your your program "on hold" if you are sick, or your kids are sick, or you go on vacation, or have a schedule change.
– Stronger accountability and support. Because I’m not traveling back & forth to meet with clients, I have more time, and I can offer my clients better support. Additionally, I also offer the benefits of an online community in my Facebook group, where you can enjoy the support of other women who are all moving towards similar goals.
– More cost effective. In addition to paying a coach/trainer for their time, you also have to pay for club overhead. You can get a better trainer at a fraction of the price by working with somebody online.
– You can now work with the best. You aren’t limited to having to use trainers who are only at your gym or are in your immediate area. Online training gives you the ability to seek out and find “the best” trainer to work with, regardless of location. When you find a coach/trainer that you can trust, you are able to trust the process, adhere to your program, and get better results.
– Free client app to track progress. A nice value-add is the ability for you to see stats, track progress, and communicate with me. You'll have access to your workouts with videos and instructions, nutrition resources to support your habits that you are focusing on, and much more. All at your fingertips that you can access at any time. You'll even get daily reminders if you forget to log in before the day is over.
– Loved ones can be taken care of. Unfortunately there’s a lot of variance in the health & fitness industry, and not all coaches & trainers are created equal. You can now refer those you care about to a great coach/trainer (someone you trust and respect) because location is no longer a factor.
What equipment do I need if I want to do workouts at home?
All of the at-home workouts can be done with a band and a single dumbbell.
While one band and one dumbbell is the minimum and enough to get started, if you’re going to be working out at home on a regular basis, a few different dumbbells and bands would be a very smart investment and help you get the most out of your workouts.
As a minimal starting point, I recommend a range of three dumbbells: a light, medium and heavy one. For most women, that will be about 10, 25 and 45 pounds. For most men, 15, 35 and 55 pounds is a good start. Of course, any weight is better than nothing!
Those three weights will give you a pretty good range to work with, at minimal cost and floor space. Of course, more weights will always give you more options, and make it easier to adjust the difficulty of your workouts.
A range of bands is also a good idea, and don’t forget to purchase a door anchor so you can anchor the bands to a doorway for more exercise variety.
Do you do in person training?
In a very limited capacity at this time. I’m currently full and not taking new in-person clients right now. If you live in or near Utah county and are interested in working with me for in person sessions, please contact me to be added to my waiting list.
How much does it cost?
Pricing will vary depending on your program and the level of support you need to help you reach your goals. Once I have a better idea of what program will be the best fit for you, then I can give you more detailed info on how much it will cost.